Welcome to the most detailed, comprehensive, and personalized Dental Practice Ownership CE course available.
The 47 Virtual Ownership Modules will take you from motivated, yet trepidatious, Employee Dentist to capable and confident for practice ownership by your completion of the program. Whether you're interested in a start-up or seeking to buy a practice - you will find all the tools and knowledge you need.
You will learn all of this through the lens of the Lean Efficiency Practice Building model made popular by the Practice Biopsy content.
Demonstrations and Walkthroughs are available as a critical part of the unique step-by-step Hands-On process, to not only teach concepts but show exactly how to implement the refined principles, systems, and methods through examples so you can successfully become an owner.
You Also Get: The Practice Launch Owners Tools Package. Package tools include office manuals, sample business plans, checklists, supply lists, equipment lists, useful spreadsheets, and system after system to implement in your new office.
Still Not Enough? You'll have One-on-One Mentorship time with DeAngelo S. Webster, DDS. Available by e-mail or chat for your ownership questions, course curriculum questions, and analysis/consultation for your specific circumstances. To serve as support to help you get from Employee to Owner.
"I don't know enough to own a practice yet," is no longer an excuse.
"Dr. Webster is a motivation to all dentists that are looking to get into practice ownership. --- Thank you for all you've done to help me with my start up practice!"
- Dr. Tyler Koivisto, DDS, FAGD - Owner of Hanover Dental, Minnesota
"An excellent source of information for doctors thinking of or already in the process of starting their own dental practices. Dr. Webster is an excellent clinician and businessman who has achieved tremendous results in a very short period of time. He is very dedicated to the community and his course would be a great asset for most dentists"
- Seyar Baqi, DMD, Owner of Blue Hen Dental - Delaware
What Topics are Covered?
Just some of what you will learn in the
Practice Launch - Lean Dental Practice Ownership Program:
- You will learn how to get financing for your practice
- You will learn to identify good vs bad location for your practice
- You will be prepared to answer, "Should I buy existing or do a start-up?"
- You will learn how, when, and what taxes to pay
- You will learn how to properly incorporate your business entity
- You will learn everything you need to know about dental insurance and how to 'do the insurance'
- You will learn exactly what the front desk staff is and should be doing
- You will learn techniques to efficiently manage clinical staff
- You will learn how to strategically set fees in your practice
- You will learn how to market and brand your practice to generate 75+ New Patients per month on a marketing budget of a few hundred dollars per month
- You will learn how to operate a practice at less than 40% overhead
- You will learn how to open a profitable dental practice for less than $100,000
- You will learn how to evaluate and buy a practice that will make you money, not cost you money
- You will learn the day-to-day business duties you never learned in dental school or at employee dentist jobs
- You will learn how to hire, staff, pay, and build a dental support team
- You will learn how to minimize your fixed costs
- You will learn which financial and data metrics are important and how to evaluate that information
- You will learn the essentials of how to design and build an efficient dental practice
- You will learn the process and steps to register x-ray units
- You will learn the what/which/and how of properly ordering equipment and supplies for your practice
- You will be provided with countless templates, calculators, spreadsheets, systems, manuals and tools
- We will answer the questions for things that "you don't know, that you don't know"
- And much, much, much more...
"I thought I had a pretty good grasp on the business aspects of dentistry; but Practice Launch is full of actionable pearls that will help you take hold of your overhead and analzye the decisions you make in dentistry every day. I highly recommend this course."
- Dr. Lance Swapp, Owner of Swapp Family Dentistry - Colorado
"The material in the Practice Launch program was outstanding for me to have as a dental student. It taught me all the things about owning my own practice, which dental school did not. And left me knowing I had the tools to be a successful owner. I highly recommend Practice Launch to any dental student serious about getting into ownership."
- Alvaro Malaga, 4th Year Dental Student - University of Michigan
"In dental school our professors told us with a chuckle, "You are just good enough not to kill anyone' as we graduated. the reality is school prepares you to cut teeth. With huge student debts we venture out naïvely trying to make the world a better place one smile at a time. Yes, it is true that we grow by making mistakes, but these mistakes are costly, further increasing stress that already lingers from the massive student and practice debt. I believe the solution is to find a mentor in the trenches doing real world dentistry. After coming across Dr. Webster’s content and seeing that it is straight facts, strategies, and solutions I lost interest in the fluffy podcasts i used to listen to ---- I highly recommend you start off by joining the Facebook Group and visit practicebiopsy.com --- Then sign up for Practice Launch."
- Dr. Radovan Rudik - Owner of Mooselake Dental, Guelph, ON, Canada
Hi, I'm DeAngelo Webster, DDS! Maybe you met me in my Daily Dental Business Vlogs on Facebook? Or maybe you met me from a post on DentalTown, read one of my blog posts on PracticeBiopsy.com, or heard about me from a friend?
Regardless, my goal is simple: To help you successfully transition from "Employee Dentist" to "Owner Dentist."
With mounting students debts ($300,000 -- $600,000 are becoming normal), it is no longer financially responsible to be an Employee Dentist for 5 to 7 years and capping your earning potential by delaying ownership.
It is no longer responsible to go into massive debt, just to open a practice, when it can be done for $100k or less.
Or, to buy the wrong practice just because it's 'convenient'. Average dentist's have practices with 65% to 70% overheads, when an efficiently run practice can have an overhead of 35% to 50%.
Practice Launch's Mission is to save employee dentists and dental students from crappy Corporate Dentistry Jobs and Low-Paying Employee Dentist Jobs.
"I don't own a practice yet, because I don't know enough..." - is no longer an excuse.
Let's work together on your journey towards success in ownership.
As always, "Kaizen!"
-DeAngelo S. Webster, DDS
Frequently Asked Questions